Town Board Candidate Michelle Marcellino's Campaign Statement:
As a longstanding member of the Pelham community, with deep roots and strong common-sense ideas, I am asking for your vote on November 5th. I believe in finding solutions by working with people of all affiliations and backgrounds and being respectful to all. Being blessed with the benefit of my life experience and the good fortune to have been raised in our wonderful town it is now time for me to give back. I will provide valuable leadership to help make our town even better. I am honored to be part of this community where, along with my parents, siblings, husband, and children, we have enjoyed its blessings throughout our lives. Through my memories as a child in my father’s office on Wolfs Lane, to walking the halls of PMHS as a student, to participating in town events with my own children, I am constantly reminded of the wonderful people and benefits of our community. As neighbors and friends, we must strive to keep Pelham the amazing place it has been for generations; past, present, and future.
My community experience has cultivated vital qualities needed to effectively serve as a leader:
• Currently serving on the Pelham Education Foundation board of directors, specifically on the Project Development Committee / New Grant Proposals.
• Pelham Youth Hockey Association serving as Association, Coaching, and Education (ACE) Coordinator and USA Hockey Registrar.
• Elected to Prospect Hill Site-Based Council assisting in student/teacher relationship strategy and student leadership mentoring.
• Served numerous years as class parent and publishing parent at Prospect Hill.
My professional experience and background has helped me develop the skills for effective leadership and decision making which will translate well to tackling Town issues:
• Twenty years of professional experience serving in roles from Senior Analyst to Business Manager / Controller in industry and secondary / higher education at institutions such as Deutsche Bank, Rice High School, Pace University, and currently Yeshiva University.
• Specialize in planning, budget, negotiation, and strategy including roles on various committees; compensation, capital planning and expenditures, grant evaluation and planning, to name a few.
• Town work experience including counseling at Tiny Tots and Pelham Recreation Day Camp.
Please give me the opportunity to work for you in this great town. I appreciate your support on any of the multiple ballot lines on which I am honored to be endorsed. Thank you and please vote on November 5th.