Top 10 Halloween Safety Tips From the Police:
1. Wear a costume that fits so you don’t trip over it.
2. Make sure your costume lets you see and hear well. If possible, wear face paint instead of a mask.
3. Choose a costume that is light in color or wear reflective clothing.
4. Carry a flashlight to help you see in the dark and to help others see you.
5. Cross the street at corners, and never between parked cars.
6. Go trick-or-treating with a trusted grown-up.
7. Visit only people you know, such as friends, neighbors, and relatives.
8. Let a trusted grown-up check all treats before you eat them.
9. Set a time limit for children to Trick-or-Treat.
10. Remind kids not to enter a strange house or car.
Visit the Pelham Police Station for a special reflective Halloween trick-or-treat gift bag and candy.
Pelham Manor police is distributing 650 Halloween gift bags filled with safety tips at Prospect and Siwanoy schools