The Pelham Manor Fire Department reminds all about home fire safety tips during this next round of cold weather:
• Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heaters.
• Have a three-foot “kids free zone” around open fires and space heaters.
• Never use your oven to heat your home.
• Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.
• Plug any space heater directly into wall outlet and do not use extension cords.
• Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room.
• Make sure your fireplace flue is open when starting a fire in the fireplace.