The Pelham Manor Fire Department reminds all about home fire safety tips during this next round of cold weather:

• Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heaters.

• Have a three-foot “kids free zone” around open fires and space heaters.

• Never use your oven to heat your home.

• Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.

• Plug any space heater directly into wall outlet and do not use extension cords.

• Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room.

• Make sure your fireplace flue is open when starting a fire in the fireplace.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.