Here is information on absentee ballots and voter registration for the Special Vote June 18 on the Pelham School District's proposed acquisition of a house next to the Colonial School playground that would be used for administration offices:
- Absentee Ballots
Download the pdf with this article for the absentee ballot application.
If ballots for the June 18 Special Vote are to be mailed to the voter, completed applications must be returned to the District Clerk at 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY 10803 no later than 4 pm E.S.T. on next Tuesday June 11, 2019.
If completed applications are delivered personally by the voter, they must be turned in to the District Clerk at 18 Franklin Place by 4 pm on June 17, 2019.
Please note that according to recently-changed New York State regulations, Absentee Ballots may only be given directly to the applicant if the application is delivered in person.
- For Voters not already Registered—
Voters can register in person with the School District Board of Registration on in the District Office at 18 Franklin Place on Monday, June 10, 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Or you can register with the County for general elections by filling out a voter registration form available from the Town Clerk (738-0777), the Superintendent’s Office (738-3434, x-1155) or download a form from the Westchester County Board of Elections.
In order to register, voters must:
• be 18 years of age or older on the day of the vote. Those who will turn 18 on or before June 18, 2019 can register to vote and then be eligible to cast a vote on June 18
• be a United States citizen
• be a resident of the Pelham Union Free School District
• have lived in the District for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote
• not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
• not claim the right to vote elsewhere
• be registered to vote with either the County Board of Elections or with the School District Board of Registration.
Please note that you are already registered if you are on the Westchester County voters’ list and voted at least once during the last four (4) years or you have personally registered with the District.
Polls for the June 18 Special Vote on Acquisition of 314 Pelhamdale Avenue will be open from 7am-9pm in the PMHS Main Gym.
Please call Millie Bonilla, District Clerk, at 914-738-3434, x-1155 if you have any questions.
The proposed purchase of the property at 314 Pelhamdale Avenue, south of the Colonial School Playground, will not raise school taxes. The purchase price of $1.1 million and the cost of work to convert the house into office space for administrative offices is available in the school budget. The administrative offices being moved to the house are currently in the high school and will be replaced by new classrooms; the cost of that work was included in the bond that was passed in May of this year.