Jamell Maurice Demons, better known as the rapper YNW Melly, has updated his followers on the status of his upcoming release from prison. The 22-year-old, famous for his songs “Murder on My Mind,” “Mixed Personalities,” and “Suicidal,” was arrested and accused of double murder in February of 2019.
After being suspected of murdering two other rappers he was associated with in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in October of 2018. His trial began on April 4 after he entered a not guilty plea. As of this year (2019), YNW Melly has been in detention in Florida at the Broward County Jail.
In spite of his incarceration, the rapper maintains an online presence; only this week, he tweeted that he might be released soon.
Released Prison Inmate Melly Ynw Gives Her Take on Freedom
On Tuesday, YNW Melly announced on his verified Twitter account that he will be free “this year.”
He tweeted a new photo of himself in Broward County Jail with the caption, “It’s about that time y’all can uncross y’all I’ll be home this year.”
It’s not the first time he’s mentioned returning shortly. A message he sent in February read, “I’ll be home soon to give y’all all this fresh gas.”
Mother Said He’ll Be Home in May
Both the rapper and his family insist he is innocent.
YNW Melly’s mother Jaime King and brother YNW Bslime said in March that he’ll be “home in May.”
On the March 25th episode of the We In Miami podcast, his mother was asked when he will return home, and she said “May.”
As his brother later elaborated, “if a jury is picked fast,” he might be able to return home in late April.
Sun Sentinel reports that lawyers will begin selecting a jury on Wednesday (April 20th).
Melly’s Phone Access Just Got Terminated
Days after promising to return home “this year,” the rapper said he had been stripped of his phone privileges.
He added, “To all my loved ones and close friends I wanted to let everyone know, that my phone privilege has been withdrawn I am no longer able to call or have video visitation.”
To all my loved ones and close friends i wanted to let everyone know, that my phone privilege have been revoked i am no longer allowed to call or have video visitation that is the reason why no one has received any calls from me but do not worry i am in great spirits. pic.twitter.com/7LYsFtlyZi— Melvin & Melly 2 Face 🌗 (@YNWMelly) April 17, 2022
That’s why no one’s heard from me lately, but don’t worry, I’m doing fine, the rapper said.
For more updates, keep visiting – pelhamplus.com