Colorado solar incentives and tax breaks help residents switch to solar energy.
- Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit– Colorado homeowners can receive a 26% discount when they purchase home solar systems.
- Colorado Solar Sales Tax Exemption– one of the Colorado solar incentives that will exempt you from paying any state sales tax when you purchase a solar panel system.
- Colorado Solar Property Tax Exemption- one of the Colorado solar incentives that excludes the added value of a solar panel system from a home’s value in Colorado.
- Colorado Net Metering- is one of the Colorado solar incentives allowing homeowners to offset their unused solar generation on the grid for their next energy bill.
- Cash Rebates- A few cash rebates are available to Colorado residents who want to install solar on their property.
In EnergySmart Colorado: Colorado solar incentives receiver will get a cash rebate between $400–$2,500, depending on your location. Holy Cross Energy: Colorado solar incentives receiver will get a cash rebate incentive calculated per kilowatt, and you can save as much as $3,000.
Benefits of Going Solar Aside from getting Colorado Solar Incentives
1. You Can Lower Your Electricity Bill- Choosing solar power for some or all of your electricity needs can keep your utility bills low.
2. You Can Avoid Increasing Electricity Costs- When considering the solar panel pricing and incentives in Colorado, don’t forget to factor in the fast-rising cost of electricity.
3. Solar Panels Require Little Maintenance- Once your system is installed, you won’t have to worry about much upkeep. Solar panels are sturdy, require occasional cleaning, and can endure harsh weather conditions. They’re not easily broken and have no moving parts.