Former Elle Columnist E. Jean Carroll Sued Under the Adult Survivors Act.
- Writer E. Jean Carroll sued former President Donald Trump for the second time on Thursday in Manhattan federal court, alleging he assaulted her in the 1990s and defamed her on social media earlier this year.
- Carroll sued Trump for defamation after he denied raping her at Bergdorf Goodman in the 1990s. Her new action claimed Trump defamed her again last month.
- The 29-page complaint outlines the alleged attack at Bergdorf Goodman in 1995 or 1996 after Trump approached Carroll for shopping tips.
- “Trump’s sexual attack caused Carroll pain, suffering, psychological impairments, loss of dignity, and invasion of privacy. His recent slanderous statement has hurt Carroll more “lawsuit:
- Trump, 76, has denied the rape allegations and said Carroll “wasn’t my type.” Trump disputed the charges in 2019 when he was president.
- Carroll sued him for defamation 5 months later. Trump called her charges a “hoax” and “lie” in a post on Truth Social.
Comments are closed.