- Foley won the Class 7A, Region 1 championship with a 34-7 victory against Daphne, thanks in large part to two touchdown passes by Reece Tynes.
- The Lions won their first Region 1 championship since 2007 with a final record of 6-3. Daphne’s record dropped to 3-6, 1-3 after their fourth consecutive defeat. There will be no postseason for the Trojans this year.
- Tynes completed 15 of 23 passes for 239 yards and two touchdowns. Aside from passing, he added 32 yards on the ground via the run.
- On 26 attempts, Kolton Nero gained 124 yards on the ground and scored twice. Four of Tyler Hamby’s carries went for 39 yards and a touchdown.
- Junior wide receiver commits to Alabama Perry Thompson came back after leaving last week’s victory over Davidson with an injury. For a total of 95 yards, he caught 6 passes.
- On two catches, Harrison Knight gained 50 yards and a touchdown. On defense, he came up with an interception. After the game, Makai Mitchell had 5 receptions for 48 yards and a touchdown.
I am Oscar, the Editor at Pelham Plus. My passion for writing led me to study English and receive a BA and MA from UIC and DePaul. I have been writing for Pelham Plus on topics like entertainment, celebrity, and technology news for over 2 years. In my free time, I enjoy watching/attending Blackhawks games and spending time with my family and dog.
Comments are closed.