It’s easy to stay in touch with other users thanks to Discord servers. On the other hand, you may want to go elsewhere if the server isn’t up to par. But it’s not always obvious how to locate the choice to accomplish it.
A Discord server’s exit procedure is explained below for your convenience. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to do everything on a computer or a mobile phone.
Ways to Abandon a Discord Chat Room
The PC client and the mobile app are the two exit points for a Discord server. Both will get the job done, but the processes will be slightly different. This is not the case, however, if you have set up a server that you now wish to abandon. Do not fret, however. In fact, it only takes a few mouse clicks to do.
Tips for Deleting Your Own Discord Server
Now that you’ve had some fun with server administration, you’re ready to pack it in and wipe the slate clean. Maybe it hasn’t caught on with the public the way you hoped. For whatever reason, you can abandon and delete your server by carrying out these steps:
- Toggle on Discord.
- By touching the server icon in the upper left corner of the screen, you can access the menu’s sub-options.
- Choose the Server Preferences option.
- Make your way to the bottom left of the screen and click Delete Server.
- Just make sure this server deletion is what you really want to do.
- In the end, the server won’t exist if you follow the instructions. Since other Discord users wouldn’t be able to see the server’s activity if they were there, this is an ideal solution.
Tips on Leaving a Discord Server without Deleting Your Account
Anyone can claim ownership of a Discord server they create. Now, let’s say you’ve decided you no longer want to run the server, but you still want to keep it.
The good news is that it’s as simple as assigning the property to someone else. This way, even though you are no longer managing the server, it will continue to function for other users.
It’s easiest to do it on a computer:
- Throw open a Discord.
- If you want to disconnect from your server, you can do so by clicking the down arrow to its right in the top left corner of your screen.
- Selecting Server Settings from the subsequent menu will allow you to configure various server-side options.
- The Members link can be found in the drop-down menu of the related links on the left.
- Find the user farther down the list who will take over as server administrator.
- To contact someone, hover your device’s cursor over their name and click the three dots that appear.
- Choose the Ownership Transfer option.
- Please consider very carefully if you wish to transfer ownership. If you do this, it will be extremely difficult to reclaim ownership of the asset unless the original owner consents to a reversion of the transfer.
- There is currently no way to assign ownership to a guest account or bot. Contacting Discord’s help desk will allow you to do a forced transfer if you’re having problems with the process.
Tutorial For Leaving a PC or Mac Discord Server
Most Discord users log in from their personal computers. To disconnect from the server if you are one of them:
- Bring up the chat program Discord.
- Make your way to the server you’d like to disconnect from. Find it in the upper left-hand corner of your display.
- To access the submenu, simply click on it.
- Get rid of the server by clicking the appropriate button.
- Servers are not displayed in the left-hand menu once a user disconnects from them. The inability to send or receive emails from that server is also a problem.
- An important thing to remember is that once a user has left a server, they cannot return until they are invited back. Apart from that, disconnecting from the server is irreversible.
Read More: How To Force Quit On Mac- An Overview
Getting Off an iOS Device’s Discord Server
Some Discord users only use the app on an iPhone or iPad. In that situation, below are the measures you should take to disconnect from a server:
- The Discord app has to be launched on an iOS device.
- To change servers, use the option on the left.
- Click the “More” button (three dots) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Quit Server to exit the server.
- Verify your decision to log off the server.