How to Mute Someone on Instagram in 2022- A Comprehensive Guide
To put it another way, you’ve decided to follow a really unpleasant friend on Instagram. It’s all right. There are alternatives available to you. Perhaps you’re considering unfollowing them. Perhaps you’re a bit more sophisticated and planning on “soft-blocking” them.
Be wary, though. If you want to keep your real-life friendships strong, banning or unfollowing someone online can be misunderstood as an indication of hatred. A better alternative would be to mute their account. In the Instagram mobile app, there are a few options for doing so. And when you’ve gotten your fill of cringe-inducing experiences, you can always unmute that person.
When I mute someone on Instagram, what happens?
We’ll get to “how to mute someone on Instagram” in a moment, but first, let’s define “mute.”
When you mute someone on Instagram, you will no longer receive notifications about their posts in your feed. But whenever you like, you can go back and go over their profile and whatever stuff they’ve posted.
Nobody on Instagram will know you muted them unless you choose to unmute them yourself. Individual stories and posts can be muted separately, too, in case you wish to read one but not the other. To clarify, how does the procedure go about its business? OK, let’s check this out.
How to Mute Someone on Instagram
- To silence someone, first, visit their profile page.
- If you want to silence your follower, all you have to do is tap the “following” button and pick “Mute” from the menu that appears.
- The third option is to mute either their stories or their posts.
- Someone whose content displays in your stream can also be muted if you so choose. The mute button and three dots are located in the upper right corner of each post.
Instructions on how to stop receiving a person’s updates
- First, you’ll need to visit the profile of the account you want to mute in order to do so. Either tap on their profile when it appears in your stream or types their name into the search field to find their Instagram.
- Two bars, “Following” and “Message,” will be displayed near the top of the profile, just below the user’s bio. To silence a user, hover above “Following” and click the “Mute” button.
- After clicking this, you’ll be given the choice to silence the account entirely, or just certain posts and stories. Just move the slider next to “Posts” and you’ll be all set.
- You can mute an account without them knowing, and you will no longer see their updates in the feed when you use the app. At any moment, you can unmute the account and start reading posts from it again by following the steps above and sliding the “Posts” slider.
- For Instagram, you may also mute a user by hiding their posts from your feed. While browsing, if you come across a post from an account you’d like to mute, you can do so by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of the post.
- A “Hide” button will then appear at the screen’s bottom. If you select this, the post you’re currently viewing will be hidden, but your account will remain unmuted. As soon as you click the “Hide” button, however, the “Mute” option will appear. If you click this, you’ll be given the option to mute just the account’s posts or both their posts and their stories.
- Choose the answer that best suits your needs. Again, the user will be unaware of your action, and you can unmute them at any time through their profile.
How to Turn Off Someone Else’s Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories can be muted in one of two ways. If you choose to mute a user by visiting their profile, you will only be able to prevent them from seeing your Stories. Instead, if you mute someone in your feed, you won’t be able to stop seeing their posts or Stories unless you also mute them.
There are, however, a few other options for blocking a user’s Stories on Instagram. Before you even open a Story, you can view a thumbnail collage of all the profile images from the users you follow that have new content in their Stories.
If there’s a certain user whose Story you don’t want to see, you can mute them before even accessing the Story by pressing and holding their profile image. You can then choose to “Mute” the person or “View their Profile.” If you choose “Mute,” you’ll be given the option to muffle only the story or the story and any comments or reactions.
The third way to mute Instagram Stories is to open the tale and then click the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. One of the choices that appear is “Mute.” The usual options for muting an account’s Story or Story and posts will appear.
Just like when you mute an Instagram account, the user will not be informed that they have been muted, and you may unmute them at any moment by visiting their profile and following the steps outlined above. Even if an account is no longer showing up in your feed, you can still watch their Stories by searching for them and clicking through to their profile.
For more updates, keep reading – pelhamplus.com