It’s not always as complicated as you would imagine printing from an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad. By connecting an AirPrint-enabled printer to an iPhone, users may print documents wirelessly from their mobile devices.
Without AirPrint, printing from an iOS device can be accomplished through the use of a USB cord and adapter, or by installing a dedicated printing app. The complete procedure is outlined here.
Air Print: Getting Printed Documents from Your iOS Device
In order to print wirelessly from an iOS device, the majority of modern printers incorporate AirPrint.
For AirPrint to work with your iOS device, you must:
- Bring up the file/image/website you want to print in your browser. This information might be stashed away in your inbox, a web browser, the Photos or Files app, or someplace else entirely.
- Find the square button with an up-pointing arrow in the middle; this is the “Share” button; click it. If you don’t see this option, you may need to tap the three vertical dots (depending on the app you’re using) or the leftward pointing arrow (also app-specific).
- In the pop-up, move down until you see a printer icon next to the word “Print.”
- Then, on the following screen, select the printer you want to use by tapping the top-right corner. Search for the name of the nearest printer you want to use, and then click on its name to use it.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, where it says “Print” in blue text, click on the word.
- When you are in the range of your AirPrint-enabled printer, it will automatically appear as a printing choice in your list of favorites. Repeat these instructions with a different printer if you’d like to add them to your iPhone later.
Read More: How to Force Quit on Mac- An Overview
The Best Alternative to Apple’s Air Print for Printing from Your iOs Device
The AirPrint function may not be available on some older printers. To print wirelessly from an iPad or iPhone, though, you’ll need to install an app made specifically for that printer from the App Store.
If you don’t have AirPrint installed on your iOS device, you can still use your iOS device to print by following these steps:
- The first step is to launch the printer app on your mobile device.
- The second step is to activate the wireless capabilities of your printer.
- Third, access the Wi-Fi settings menu from your device’s “Settings” menu.
- Tap “OTHER NETWORKS,” then find your printer’s name.
- Select the file, image, or web page you wish to print, and then click the “Share” button.
- Once you’ve done that, the app and printer should be able to communicate with one another, and you may print.
Techniques for Connecting a USB Printer to An iOs Device
You’ll need an intermediary piece of hardware to print from an iOS device to a printer that doesn’t support wireless connections. USB OTG (on-the-go) adapter that lets you plug your iPhone into a computer via a USB cable.
How to Use a USB Cable to Print from an iPhone or iPad
- First, power on the printer and plug in both the USB cable and the USB OTG cable. Connect your iOS device to the USB OTG cable’s opposite end.
- If you have an iOS device and see a pop-up window, simply select “OK” to continue.
- To print a document from an iOS device, step three is to open it, navigate to the Share button, and then send it to the printer.
- Select “Print” from the “Share” menu.
- Upon accessing the Printer Options page, the attached printer should now display in the “Printer” drop-down menu.
- Choose “Print” from the menu at the top right of your screen.