It’ll be different after this. Auburn loses and the program’s new direction begins, or it wins, goes bowling, and beats Alabama.
The Tigers have been good under interim coach Cadillac Williams. They beat Texas A&M, shut down WKU’s passing offense in a 41-17 win, and have a rolling ground game that should move.
This year’s edition of one of the fiercest rivalries in American sports doesn’t appear to have national title implications, but Alabama hopes to reach 10 wins and make a New Year’s bowl game.
Auburn has little to lose after another poor season and is looking for a head coach. Tigers great Cadillac Williams has been 2-1 in that capacity.
Why Alabama Win-Win
Alabama still has a teeny little opportunity at making the College Football Playoff. It’s unlikely, but going 10-2 with a win over the arch-rival and a New Year’s Six bowls is a wonderful year.
The offensive must maintain momentum. Auburn is poor on third downs, the Tide defensive front should live in the backfield, and the Tiger passing game isn’t a concern.
Offensive Stats & Trends for Alabama
- 8 Alabama QBs have 37 20-yard 3rd down completions since last season, the highest among FBS teams.
- 8 Alabama skill players have 2,269 3rd down yards since the previous season, most among Power 5 teams.
- 8 Alabama skill players have 2,269 3rd down yards since last season, most in FBS.
- 8 Alabama WRs have 0 touchdowns on 26 close and late grabs this season tied for poorest Receptions Per TD among Power 5 Teams; Average: 11.4.
- 8 Alabama Skill Players have caught 73 touchdown passes since 2021, 2nd-most in Power 5
How to Live Stream College Football
fuboTV provides full, total, and live coverage of the top college football games on the NCAA schedule every season from the major TV networks, SEC Network, Big Ten Network, ACC Network, Pac-12 Network, and others without cable, in addition to 100+ channels of live TV and thousands of hours of on-demand titles.
Comments are closed.