Alexander M.M. Uballez, Attorney for New Mexico, announced that Jose Louise Trujillo, a co-defendant of Solomon Peña, was arraigned on the charges against him.
A federal court indicted Jose Louise Trujillo along with Solomon Peña and Demetrio Trujillo on May 24, 2023
Solomon Peña ran at New Mexico House of Representatives for District during the November 2022 mid-term elections. Solomon Peña was defeated, and following his failure, he allegedly planned shootings on two Bernalillo County commissioners and two legislators at their home.
An indictment is only an allegation. Jose Louise Trujillois was presumed innocent until proven guilty. If found guilty of the charges against him, Jose Louise Trujillo will be sentenced to life imprisonment.
Jose Louise Trujillo was arraigned on the following charges:
- Conspiracy to commit murder;
- Four counts of interference with federally protected activities;
- Four counts of using a firearm for a crime of violence;
- Distribution of 40 grams and more of fentanyl; and
- Using a firearm for the crime of drug trafficking.
Jose Louise Trujillo, 22, will be in custody awaiting trial.