Pepperdine leads Alabama State 91-62 thanks to Mitchell’s 23 points.
- Pepperdine defeated Alabama State 91-62 on Sunday night, led by 23 points from Mike Mitchell Jr. For the Waves, Mitchell contributed five assists as well (2-1).
- Jan Zidek scored an additional 15 points on 5 of 8 shooting (2 of 4 from 3-point range) and 3 of 4 from the charity stripe. There were four three-pointers among Houston Mallette’s 14 points.
- The Hornets are 0-3 and are led in scoring by Antonio Madlock’s 17 points. Alabama State’s Alex Anderson scored 11 points and grabbed six boards. Plus, Isaiah Range scored 11 points and swiped two balls.
- Pepperdine had a 47-25 lead at the break. Zidek scored 12 points to lead the team in the first half.
- Mitchell led Pepperdine with 17 second-half points as the Waves beat Alabama State by a score of 43-38.
- On Tuesday, the two squads will face each other. Pepperdine will be hosting Vanguard, while Alabama State will be visiting San Jose State on the road.