South Alabama Gets Defeated by Oklahoma in A Thrilling Outcome!
- Grant Sherfield is becoming Oklahoma’s floor leader. Sherfield’s second-half surge helped the Sooners beat South Alabama 64-60 after a sluggish start.
- Jacob Groves blocked a fast-break attempt in the dying seconds to seal the win. Sherfield led the team with 17 points and eight assists.
- OU is 3-1; South Alabama is 1-3. Sherfield started the second-half scoring with a 15-foot jumper that gave the Sooners a 42-39 lead.
- Sherfield passed to Tanner Groves for a 44-41 Sooners lead on their next play. Sherfield broke down South Alabama’s defense and scored for a 46-41 lead with 13:59 left.
- That gave the Sooners a field goal on seven straight possessions and continued a 27-10 run. The Sooners completed the first half on an 11-2 surge, forcing South Alabama to miss five field goals.
- After USA’s Greg Parham’s 3-pointer with 4:47 left in the first half, the Sooners were behind 31-19. OU heated up then.
- The Sooners converted two layups by Joe Bamisile, a pick-and-roll dunk by Tanner Groves, and a jump shot by Groves to narrow the Jaguars’ lead to 31-30 before Tyrell Jones’ free throws.