Tragic Collision Along Interstate 85 in East Alabama Brought Caused by A Wrong-Way Driver!
- Authorities in Auburn have reported that their preliminary investigation into a terrible incident that occurred on northbound Interstate 85 at about 8:00 on Sunday night points to a wrong-way driver as the likely culprit.
- This eyewitness stated that the vehicle going the wrong way did not even apply the brakes. The car eventually crashed close to the Moores Mill bridge. At least three people were hurt severely, and one had to be airlifted to the hospital.
- One eyewitness stated that they narrowly avoided being hit by the trucker going the other way on the freeway by swerving between two 18-wheelers.
- Emergency personnel is still present, and the area will be cordoned off for the foreseeable future. Northbound traffic at exit 51 – College Street – has been diverted due to an accident.
- In recent years, RTAs have gained prominence as a pressing public health problem necessitating a multi-pronged response. Please stay away from the area and keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers.