Alabama Rises in The Latest College Football Rankings!
The 12-team College Football Playoff will likely begin in 2024. The Athletic will test the suggested model each week using the CFP’s newest Top 25 rankings.
The top of the CFP standings didn’t alter much.
- Georgia remained No. 1 and Alabama was No. 8 in Tuesday’s full top-25.
- Alabama (8-2) is the second-highest ranked two-loss team, behind No. 6 LSU. 9-1 Clemson trails Alabama.
- After Saturday’s 30-24 loss to Alabama, Ole Miss fell to No. 14. After then-No. 18 Texas lost and slipped out of the rankings, that’s Alabama’s only win against a ranked team.
- Saturday’s loss against Washington knocked Oregon from 6th to 12th.
Using the committee’s November 15 rankings and a 2024-25 calendar, here’s how the tournament would be seeded.
Top four seeds (byes):
- Georgia (SEC champion)
- Buckeyes (Big Ten champion)
- TCU (Big 12 title) (Big 12 champion)
- USC (Pac-12 champion) (Pac-12 champion)
The top four seeds are reserved for the four highest-ranked conference champions. We’ll call each conference’s top-ranked club it’s champion. Georgia (SEC), Ohio State (Big Ten), TCU (Big 12), and USC (Pac-12) would gain byes into the quarterfinals.
The six highest-ranked conference champions and at-large teams are guaranteed bids. If the season ended today, Clemson (ACC) and UCF (AAC) would be ranked fifth and sixth, respectively (AAC).
- Kenneth Smith Will Be Killed in Alabama for The Contract Murder of A Preacher’s Wife in 1988!
- Cash reward offered for information on deadly Talladega County shooting
- Alabama Now Mandates More Coursework for High School Seniors to Graduate.